Thursday, December 8, 2011

humility


9"x11" acrylic on canvas


"The masters' works I look upon,
And I can see what they have done:
When looking upon this or that by me,
What I should have done is what I see." (1815)


"Seh ich die Werke der Meister an, 
So seh ich das, was sie getan:
Betrachtich meine Siebensachen,
Seh ich, wa ich hatt sollen machen." 


by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


Ughhh......there are so many things I still need to learn. It seems like  every small step forward is accompanied by 5 more new things I would like to do better next time.  This painting was done several months ago and I can already see that I am now seeing it in a new way and that if I painted it again it would look different.  Eventually, I want to add a lot more content to my work. Right now, they are mainly about capturing a 'mood', a place, and a time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me your thoughts!